Master Bedroom Lamps January 30, 2013 | The master bedroom in our new house is almost double the size of what we had in our small ranch house—so we are really taking it one step at a time. We splurged on a new King Size bed which (we just love), so I knew the rest of the space would take some time. I had these pitiful lamps that D bought back in his bachelor days (I’m almost positive they came in one of those “value packs” like 2 table and 1 floor lamp for $30 type deals) on each night table and I planned on being totally fine with it and “overlooking” their hideous-ness until I could search for the perfect pair. Well, just so happens the perfect pair found me! Curious to see what new and exciting product had shown up in jcp I saw the two little pretties below on clearance for $24.99 each! Oh-em-gee! I literally could not wrap my greedy paws around them fast enough….mental image of 8 month pregnant crazy holding onto two over-sized lamps for dear life…I’m clearly not okay. But honestly, how much do they resemble this guy below from Pottery Barn that sells for $200/ea?! So, my only slight issue (which I clearly was not going to let stop me) is that the ceilings in the MBR are vaulted and 13ft at their highest. Also, since everything is of a larger scale in there, I knew that I needed to add just a bit of height to the base of the lamps to make the light from them hit where I wanted it to. Off to Home Depot. The base of the lamps was 6×6 so I went to the lumber section (make sure you’re looking for completely DRY lumber if you are ready to start your project immediately) and with the help of a great associate found the perfect 2×6 board that he would also cut for me. Hint Hint! There’s always a section of cast off’s marked with purple spray paint that are no longer considered “perfectly straight” and are marked 70% off! This was perfect for this project because I just needed to buy one and we cut around the damaged section. I made off with 4 blocks for under $1.00 that were a perfect fit to add height to the bases! When I got them home, I lightly sanded the corners and spray painted a primer onto the wooden blocks. Before completely dry, I then went over the primer with an antique gold spray paint. They kind-of bled together (which was the idea) to give it a washed golden look. I then simply used wood glue to secure all of the pieces together. Ta-Dah! See the finished project in our master. I love the height and color variation the blocks give and the washed blue-ish grey color of the base is a perfect compliment to the room. This is a good mid-way progress update on the bedroom, many more projects to come! Total cost per lamp was UNDER $30.00!!!!!! I could not find these exact lamps at jcp.com (although I did find this one and this one BOTH ON CLEARANCE for under $40/each and both remind me of Restoration Hardware!), but I would still check in stores for current stock.